Hospice Care and Services
- What services are available for the family/caregivers?
- How many patients are assigned to each staff member who will be caring for your loved one?
- How often will hospice staff visit?
- How are services provided after regular business hours?
- How long is it likely to take on-call staff members to arrive if asked to make a visit after regular business hours?
- Does the hospice provide short-term inpatient care? Where?
- Does the hospice provided services in long-term care facilities? Which ones?
- How and why may hospice services be terminated prior to death?
- Who can be called with questions about care?
- How are complaints handled?
Hospice Treatments and Expenses
- Does the hospice accept your insurance and if so, what expenses are covered?
- Which medications, medical equipment, and treatments does hospice pay for or not pay for?
Hospice Certifications and Credentials
- Is the hospice program Medicare-certified?
- Is the hospice program licensed by the state?
- Is the hospice program accredited?
- What special certifications do staff have?
- Can the hospice provide references from professionals such as physicians and social workers?